The universe of “Star Trek” has always been one of limitless potential, and this has never been truer than with the upcoming special crossover episode of “Strange New Worlds” featuring characters from “Lower Decks.” This momentous event hints at the plethora of possibilities for characters from “Lower Decks” or “Prodigy” to appear in “Star Trek: Legacy.” The new trailer for season two of “Strange New Worlds” promises stories packed with awe, exploration, adventure, and an all-out comedy in the “Strange New Worlds” / “Lower Decks” crossover. The teaser offers a brief glimpse of live-action Beckett Mariner and Brad Boimler in an awkward exchange with Spock.
Given this exciting development, it seems fitting to run a poll featuring the top ten characters from “Lower Decks” and “Prodigy” that fans would love to see beamed aboard “Star Trek: Legacy.” Here is a list of contenders, complete with short bios and potential roles they might play in “Legacy”:
- Ensign Beckett Mariner (“Lower Decks”): A rule-breaking Starfleet veteran, Mariner’s experience and renegade approach might see her as a seasoned commander or rogue agent in “Legacy.”
- Ensign Brad Boimler (“Lower Decks”): A by-the-book officer, Boimler’s love for protocols might lead to a career as a Starfleet instructor or a respected captain.
- Dal R’El (“Prodigy”): As the human leader of the young and diverse “Prodigy” crew, Dal might mature into a seasoned Starfleet ambassador or negotiator.
- Gwyn (“Prodigy”): The knowledgeable and diplomatic Vau N’Akat could become a key Federation liaison for her species or serve as a Starfleet science officer.
- Ensign Samanthan Rutherford (“Lower Decks”): A diligent engineer with a cybernetic implant, Rutherford could pioneer new technologies or serve as a chief engineer on a Starfleet ship.
- Zero (“Prodigy”): The Medusan non-corporeal entity could serve as an advanced ship navigator or a Starfleet adviser.
- Ensign D’Vana Tendi (“Lower Decks”): Orion Ensign Tendi may become a Chief Medical Officer or a captain of her own ship.
- Murph (“Prodigy”): The endearing, indestructible blob could evolve into an advanced lifeform providing assistance in scientific research or space exploration.
- Commander Jack Ransom (“Lower Decks”): A problem-solving first officer, Ransom could be a high-ranking Starfleet official or mentor to the next generation of officers.
- Admiral Kathryn Janeway (“Prodigy”): An experienced and determined leader, Admiral Janeway has already crossed over from live-action to animation in “Prodigy.” Her past with Captain Seven makes her a natural to appear and even perhaps have a significant role in “Star Trek: Legacy.”
The possibilities are endless, and with “Star Trek: Strange New Worlds” premiering in just three weeks on June 15th, the anticipation is palpable. So, which of these characters would you most like to see in “Star Trek: Legacy”? Join the poll and let’s shape the future of Star Trek together!